Monday, February 13, 2006

A Beginning

I'm supposed to be working on chapter 11 of my work in progress -- Light out of Shadow. But I seem to be a master at self-distraction. The thing is, I've enjoyed reading others' blogs and I've been thinking about starting one of my own for some time now. So I guess it's not a huge surprise when I couldn't seem to make myself get to work today on account of numerous interruptions and external distractions... that I should suddenly find myself here, completing one step after another (there were more than the three they advertised at the start of this) in setting up this blog.

Since I've kept a writing diary for years, I figured it wouldn't be much of a stretch to put one up on the web. That way those of you who are chomping at the bit for this next book can follow my progress -- which may or may not be comforting, when you see how erratic it is.

Speaking of which, if I want there to be any progress, I guess I should keep this short. I have only one scene left to finish this chapter.