Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Gospel According to Superman

This is from Infuze Magazine, a free ezine I subscribe to and that I've quoted from before. I've long thought of Superman as a metaphor for Jesus (one reason why I've watched every Superman movie/TV show that comes along -- Smallville has been my favorite show for years, and before it, Lois and Clark). Thus it didn't surprise me to learn that it was two Jewish guys who actually came up with him and even had the Messiah analogy in mind when they did.

Now there's new book out that explores this very thing -- Steve Skelton's The Gospel According to the World's Greatest Superhero. I might have to get it...

Here's the Infuze article, followed by selected online comments: Article

The article itself has links to other articles that deal in greater depth with the book and the background of Skelton and Superman.

Happy Saturday!
Karen