Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Skyscrapers, Therapy and a Bird

Well, I ended up just too tired to do a post yesterday. Oh well. Today I worked on making a map for my research institute campus. I also have to decide on how the main building is constructed and do some floor plans. As I was progressing through the chapters I was jumping all over the place (Lacey's room is first in the basement, then on the third floor, then the fourth...) and I realized that if I didn't stop and take care of these details now, it was only going to get worse, probably to the point where no one would be able to find all the inconsistencies before the book went to print.

To that end I went to the library and checked out books on skyscrapers -- mostly I was looking for information about what their basements were like, but as usual I've learned lots of other interesting things that are helping me with the building design in general. I also made a campus map, using the information I've already set down in the book combined with a few borrowed features from an old map of the Biosphere2 property.

Besides that I had another physical therapy session today, during which I was given some silly putty like stuff to take home to squeeze and pinch. Since I'm having less problems with the swelling, we're getting a little more aggressive on the exercises -- bending my wrist down, then up, then rotate right and left -- and he increased my daily sessions from three times a day to five or more.

Finally, I received in an email the following link of a dancing bird. I enjoyed it so much I thought I'd share it. It was posted on another blog (for bird rescue) and is accompanied by music from the Backstreet Boys. Enjoy.

http://birdloversonly.blogspot.com/2007/09/may-i-have-this-dance.html

Karen